why he writes


I received an email earlier this week, asking me 'why' I write here. That was a hard question. Interacting in people's lives every day makes me think of so many stories, and sometimes I am not sure where to begin to make sense of it all. Writing them down helps me to understand them in the present, just long enough sometimes to begin to understand. T.S. Eliot wrote:

At the still point of the turning world. Neither flesh nor fleshless;
Neither from nor towards; at the still point, there the dance is,
But neither arrest nor movement. And do not call it fixity,
Where past and future are gathered. Neither movement from nor towards,
Neither ascent nor decline. Except for the point, the still point,
There would be no dance, and there is only the dance.

Writing helps me to understand the dance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deconstructing the myth of clothing sensitivity as a 'sensory processing disorder'

On retained primitive reflexes

Twenty years of SIPT - where do we go next?