Of birds and toilet bowl flanges and need for vacation


I talked a little about the thinking I do while driving yesterday... and I failed to mention that my absolute best thinking is accomplished while mowing the lawn with my John Deere tractor.

There I was, driving around in established circles in my back yard when I approached my MacGyver-like birdfeeder. I never imagined myself to be overly creative with constructing or building things - I remember frustrating my OT 'media' teachers with my lack of creative skill. But I really redeemed myself with my birdfeeder.

It used to be a pole for the satellite dish, but I removed the dish and capped off the solid steel pole with an (unused) 3" toilet bowl flange, and then attached the bird feeder to the flange. It was ingenious, if I do say so myself. Actually, I probably got the idea to do that while riding on my John Deere. See?

Anyway, there I am driving around and I get to the bird feeder and I see a bird stuck inside the feeder. My first thought was to capture the bird and keep it as a pet, but then I remembered that I wasn't ten years old anymore. Then I thought... 'Look at that stupid bird, stuck inside the very thing that was designed to give him sustenance.' Suddenly, in a flash of insight, I considered how good it would be to go on vacation.

See, my best thinking is accomplished on the seat of my tractor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deconstructing the myth of clothing sensitivity as a 'sensory processing disorder'

On retained primitive reflexes

Twenty years of SIPT - where do we go next?