Formula for success

I have been reflecting on the concept of work lately and am reminded of the Albert Einstein quote: If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.

I have done plenty of X.

This last week has supplied plenty of Y.

I am desperately in need of Z, and this blog is not helping.

Actually, because of my abundance of Y, I have been feeding my soul with all kind of replenishing things that will rejuvenate me for X. I read 'A Prayer for Owen Meaney' which was an interesting study in pre-destination. I also revisited some children's literature - mostly Lloyd Alexander stuff. Nothing clears my mind like finding my way back to a book that I read when I was ten years old.

My wonderful colleagues have been holding the fort down for me, which I will publicly thank them for here (THANK YOU!). A quick visit back to the office on Friday to beat back the Demons of Withdrawal and Paranoia was successful in showing me how irrelevant I truly was.

That is not a bad thing.

Anyway, the next week will be spent doing more Y. Maybe I will work on the Great American Novel too. Again, this does not lead me toward Z, but maybe the answer to Z is finding a way to get it all out of my system.

Stuff to think about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deconstructing the myth of clothing sensitivity as a 'sensory processing disorder'

On retained primitive reflexes

Twenty years of SIPT - where do we go next?